PSAT/SAT Prep for 2023 Summer Camp
Congrats to Samuel M (Blair HS)!
He officially accepted MIT, but sadly enough, he has to turn down offers from Yale, Duke, and Stanford.
Hello Dr. Li,
I hope this finds you well. I just wanted to let you know that your summer SAT program was incredibly helpful and I wouldn’t have gotten a 1570 in October without it. The math lessons were especially useful as they taught me how to work quickly and efficiently and maximize my time for checking answers, helping me score 800 on the math section. The writing and reading lessons exposed me to the types of questions on the test and prepared me for answering them in a timely manner. Thank you so much for your help and please share my appreciation with all of the teachers!
We prep on paper in class, and give assignments in mixed formats of paper and online.
Camp site: 10101 Molecular Dr, Ste 100, Rockville, MD 20850 (near USG)
No prep is needed if you opt out SAT score for your college applications.
Otherwise, if you must max your chance of success by a well-done prep.
We are the best coach to get your prep well-done!
The perfect test schedule for the rising juniors and seniors is
Test Date: Aug 26
Dealine: July 28 (registation)
In-person lessons are available.
Why SAT test is needed?
- Needle in haystack: There are more than 25,000 high schools in the U.S. No college can know and see all of those high schools and each student in them.
- Grade inflation: While high school grades are an important reflection of students’ work, the share of students graduating high school with an A average has grown from 39% in 1998 to 55% in 2022.
- EZ-Pass: Show your SAT record to zip through the gates of admissions
No repetition can be found in any session as each session will use a different set of materials.
To better grip of the benefits, two or more sessions are recommended for the mastery of the test.
The SAT test will be more decisive as the school grading system cannot differentiate those outstanding from the common. The SAT score will be more compelling than GPA in all applications.
We offer students equal (onsite or online) access to our live lessons, synchronously.
Math: Dr. Li
English: Dr. Thomson, Dr. Bormann
All materials are included.
Each session uses a different set of materials.
Most recommended for Rising Gr10 to 12
The students are selected into two groups: PSAT and SAT, based on the students' grades, readiness, potentials and needs.
- We are taking a different approach to get the correct answer, not through the given choices, but through natural reasoning.
- You will smile when you are able to connect the dots in the nearest decade of your life.
- You will like yourself even more after regaining your conscience and confidence.
- If you are a rising junior (Gr11) in 2023 fall, then you have to take quick action now, or no later than summer.
- Still possible to score 800, but substantially harder.
- Harder to receive a perfect score in English or Math.
- Math covers up to complex numbers and trigonometry. More inequalities and data analytics.
- Math requires more reading and analysis. 30% easy, 30% medium, 30% hard, 10% challenging. Time management becomes more critical. Visual reasoning technique flows faster than a calculator.
- English includes longer texts, still requiring heavy vocab.
Measures your ability to analyze and evaluate written material and synthesize information obtained from it, analyze relationships among component parts of sentences and recognize relationships among words and concepts.
- New critical thinking and analytical writing skills, specifically your ability to articulate and support complex ideas clearly and effectively.
The summer camp provides more in-class instructions than any other programs around. It is designed for students who are willing to commit most of their summer to improving their SAT scores. A session is structured in two weeks (weekdays only), covering 4 subjects: vocab, reading, grammar/writing, and math. Each subject will be taught by subject expert, who is experienced in firing up the chemistry in class and will frequently challenge the students with surprise quizzes. Each session will culminate in a final exam, the real thrill, as a satisfaction-check for the efforts spent in the session.
In each session of the summer camp, students will master the 800 SAT hot words and sharpen their critical reading skills by reading and analyzing challenging texts from a wide variety of academic disciplines. In the Math component, students are taught all the mathematical concepts tested on the SAT and given extensive problem sets to supplement their classroom lessons. Rounding out the program is the Writing component, in which students develop a strong foundation in English grammar and learn how to write strong essays.